To open the shoulders and neck, and strengthens your legs, buttocks, arms, and abs.
Safety Instructions and Technique:
- Begin by lying on your back, legs and feet together, arms placed on either side of the body, hands flat on the mat.
- Raise your legs vertically (unless you have serious camber problems) leaving your feet together and your legs straight.
- Lift your lower back off your mat as you bring your feet up and over your head, resting your toes on the ground behind you and pushing through your heels.
- When you feel steady, reach feet toward ceiling one at a time, lengthening legs when you feel comfortable. Enjoy at least 3 deep breaths.
- To come down, slowly soften knees toward your forehead, and slowly lower your back to the mat, one vertebra at a time. This posture is to be performed at the end of the session for its soothing effects.
You suffer from too high or low blood pressure, migraine problems, heart problems, stomach problems, hernia, hypertension problems, lumbar or cervical weakness, are currently pregnancy or during period of digestion.