For the machine to be effective, you must choose the one most suited to your needs:
- Check the weight: The weight of the rowing machine must be higher than your body weight in order to avoid the machine deteriorating faster than expected
- The seat must not rub or make any noise when it’s sliding along the rail
- The back and forth movement of the seat must remain smooth
Exercising on a rowing machine means you will engage many muscle groups across a wide range of motion. Not only will it help your cardio training, but it will also help you get in good shape through:
- Increasing your endurance
- Strengthening your muscles
- Improving your flexibility and agility
Here are the 5 main reasons why we think you should use a rowing machine.
- Rowing can be for anyone:Whether you’re a complete beginner or a professional athlete, rowing is a sport that is adapted for all body types, physical abilities and goals. The risk of injury is also limited compared to other physical activities.
- Rowing gives you a full body workout: Using a rowing machine means you’re working your cardiovascular system, but also your upper and lower body muscle groups. Did you know that up to 90% of your muscles are used during a rowing training session?By strengthening your muscles, it will also help your posture, reduce the risk of chronic joint pain, strengthen your bones and accelerate your metabolism.
- Rowing is friendly to your joints: The sitting position coupled with the resistance (and no additional weight load), means you can build muscle mass without impacting your joints. If you have issues with your knees, hips or ankles, using a rowing machine will help you workout without any pain.
- Rowing can help you lose weight: As working out on a rowing machine means you’re cardio training and strengthening your muscles, it’s perfectly suited for a weight loss program. Cardiovascular work allows you to burn a maximum of calories during the session, while muscular work makes it possible to sculpt your silhouette and increase your metabolism.
Combine this training with a healthy and balanced diet, and you’ll start seeing results very quickly. Don’t forget to drink a lot of water to make sure the toxins in your body get flushed out.
- Rowing can help prevent or relieve back pain:By strengthening the muscles of the upper back as well as the lumbar, training on a rowing machine can help prevent back pain often caused by underused and weak muscles (because of prolonged sitting or working in an office...etc.)