- A mask with a textile strap, or a silicone strap? If you have long hair, you should choose a textile strap that won't get tangled in your hair.
- Select a snorkel according to your physique! Some are suited for adults, while others are best for children.
- Adjust the mask strap using the tightening buckles.
- Pull your hair back before putting on the mask is so that it doesn't interfere with the mask's seal on your face.
- The strap should be horizontal at the back of your head, or pulled up slightly towards the top of your head.
- Place the snorkel at the right height so that it's level with your mouth, without any tension.
- Don't forget that the other end of the snorkel must remain out of the water.
Classical snorkel or one with a valve?
When buying a snorkel for snorkeling, you have two choices: a classical snorkel or one with a valve. They work the same, except that a valve-style snorkel has a valve at the bottom for easier clearing of any water that might enter the snorkel. In fact, the water will naturally exit through the valve.
Watch our video tutorials for a better understanding of how both snorkel styles work.