To strengthen the legs and back, stretch inner thighs, hamstrings, calves, spine, shoulders, open chest and improve balance and focus.
Hamstrings, hips, groin, chest, shoulder, arms, legs
Safety Instructions and Technique:
- Stand with your feet one leg-length apart, with your knees remaining unbent.
- Turn your right foot completely outwards and the left foot less than 45 degree to the inside, keeping the heels in the line with the hips.
- Place your arms by your sides, parallel to the ground, palms facing down, and extend the trunk as far as is comfortable to the right, whilst keeping your arms parallel to the floor.
- Once the trunk is fully extended to the right, drop the right arm down so that the right hand reaches the front of the right foot, with the palm down if flexed.
- The left arm is extended vertically and the spine and trunk gently twisted counterclockwise using the extended arms as a lever. The spine will remain parallel to the ground throughout.
- Repeat the posture, switching over your leg position.
5-10 deep breaths.
You are suffering from an injury to your back, neck, hips, or shoulders, headache or migraine.