To strengthen thighs, ankles, abdomen, and buttocks. It also effectively stretches the groins, hamstrings, and calves.
Ankles, calves, hamstrings, thighs, spine, wrists, arms and shoulders.
Safety Instruction and Technique:
- Start with Extended Triangle Pose (Utthita Trikonasana) on the right side of your body.
- Place your left hand on your left hip and slowly bend your right knee at a 90 degrees angle.
- Use a block to stabilize the pose. Place it about a foot beyond your right toe, keep your palm on it.
- Exhale and straighten your right knee. Simultaneously, lift your left leg and keep it parallel to the floor.Slowly turn your torso to your left without losing your balance.
- Bend your left knee and hold your left ankle with your left hand. Without locking your right knee, balance your body on your right leg and right hand.
3 deep breaths during the pose.