To strengthen the arms, shoulders, thighs and back muscles.
Arms, chest, legs and lower back.
Safety Instructions and Technique:
- Stay in High Lunge pose with the left knee bent.
- Keep your right leg straight behind you and turn your left heel inwards at approximately 45 degrees.
- Raise your arms straight above your head, keeping your shoulders pressed down. Lift your chin upwards, looking towards your hands overhead. Hold your pose and then repeat on the left side.
- Inhale and raise your arms until they are overhead, shoulder-width apart and parallel to each other. Holding this position, keeping your head neutral, gazing forward, or slightly tilted back looking up towards your thumbs.
- To exit, exhale and lower your hands to your hips. Inhale, and press your weight firmly into your right foot, bringing your left leg forward, and exhale and release your hands back into Tadasana.
- Take a few breaths and then repeat with the other side for the same length of time.
You suffering from high blood pressure, back pain or arthritis.