How does it work?
This move targets your Side Shoulders, Front Shoulders, Glute Max. Quads.
How to do it?
- Stand upright with a dumbbell in each hand at your side and your feet about hip-width apart.
- From the starting position, lunge forward on left with your right foot, dropping down through your back knee and thigh, and being careful not to let your left knee come ahead of your toe.
- Your left foot should be pointing out in front of you, with your left knee bent and your left foot firmly on the ground; you right heel may come up off the mat slightly, depending on how deep you have lunged.
- Holding at the bottom of your lunge, incline your chest forward at a 45-degree angle, engaging your cent and keeping your shoulder blades together and back flat.
- Perform a front raise with right hand, straightening your right elbow bringing it to the shoulder level while keeping your left arm folded on your arms.
- Bring your hand to your chest both hands folded at arms and parallel to the floor.
Try to put as much power as you can behind the raise, and stay low through your legs.
How many sets?
A set of 12 lunges on both sides