How does it work?
This move targets your quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, while at the same time developing core strength.
How to do it?
- Standing little wider than shoulder apart, take a pair of dumbbells in each hand.
- Bring them up close to your chest, with both hands facing each other.
- Keeping your back straight and knees straight, slowly sink your hips back and lower into a squat.
- Do this until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Pause at the bottom, and then push yourself back up to the starting position.
Adjust the weight depending on your level of ability and fitness on the day. Throughout the exercise, the dumbbells must stay in the same position.
How many sets?
3-4 sets of 20 repetitions with 30-45 seconds’ rest between each set.