To strengthen the whole body specially the arms, legs, shoulders and feet. Regular practice of Adho Mukha Svanasana calms the mind and relieves headache, insomnia and fatigue.
Safety Instruction and Technique
- Start by coming on all fours to form tabletop.
- Make sure your hands and directly under your shoulder and your knees are in line with your hips. Your back should be straight.
- Now, take a deep breath and straighten your legs pushing your hips up. Your body should be in an inverted V position and your feet should be flat on the floor.
- Try to touch your ears to the inner part of your arm. Hold this position and take a few deep breaths.
- Come back to the tabletop position and relax.
Note: Avoid practicing this asana if you suffer from Carpal tunnel syndrome, high blood pressure, or weak eye capillaries. Pregnant women should practice this asana with caution