To increase flexibility of the hip, knee, and ankle joints, and strengthens the ligaments and tendons of the legs.To strengthen the hamstrings and calves and abdominal muscles too.
Safety Instruction and Technique
- Start by coming on all fours to form tabletop.
- Make sure your hands and directly under your shoulder and your knees are in line with your hips. Your back should be straight.
- Now, take a deep breath and straighten your legs pushing your hips up. Your body should be in an inverted V position and your feet should be flat on the floor.
- Try to touch your ears to the inner part of your arm. Hold this position and take a few deep breaths.
- Now, extend one leg back and up as your reach the leg out of the hip. Square the hip.
- Lengthen through the spine and open your hip to the sky.
- Bend the knee of the extended leg and draw your heel toward the bum.
- Try to keep your shoulders even and squared with the front of your mat. Zip up your belly and squeeze your naval into your spine.
- Slowly bring you leg down by straightening your knee and exhale as you release the position and get back to table top.
- Repeat the variation with left leg.
Note: Do not overstretch, be gentle on yourself and do what is most nourishing for your body.