Benefits of Sirsasana:
- Brings relaxation and fights stress.
- It balances the heart and the circulatory system by inverting the body. Encourages blood circulation through the veins and towards the heart.
- Stimulates the nervous system and strengthens the spine, shoulders and neck.
- It helps the functioning of the pituitary gland, which supports the functioning of all the endocrine glands.
- It increases the vitality of the body.
Note: Mastering Sirsasana requires some strength, good training and body control can help you achieve this yoga posture. We recommend you use the Yoga Mat, as it’s anti-skid coating will prevent you from slipping.
How to do the Headstand or Sirsasana:
- Get in the vajrasana or knees bent position and hold the elbows to measure the ideal distance. Then bring the arms to the ground and knees right under the shoulders.
- Keeping the elbows there, bring the hands closer and interlock the fingers so that your arms form a triangle. Do not let your elbows open out.
- Place the head on the ground with the back of the head in the cupped hands.
- Curl your toes, straighten your knees , hips to the sky.
- Start walking towards your shoulders.
- Bring right knee in your chest and then bring other knee towards the chest. This will make your spine straight.
- As you inhale raise your legs to the sky. Bring your focus on a steady point preferably at eye level. Take easy relaxed breaths and hold the posture as long as comfortable.