The Trikonasana helps in strengthening the legs, knees, ankles, arms and chest. It also opens the hips, groins, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest and spine. Helps improve digestion and reduces anxiety, stress, back pain and sciatica
Safety Instruction and Technique:
- Engage your right thigh muscles and draw your right femur into its socket. Extend your right hand toward the front of the room, keeping your right hip tucked.
- Lower your right hand down onto your shin or ankle. If you are more open, bring your right hand to the floor on the inside or on the right foot. Do whichever one feels most comfortable.
- The left shoulder stacks on top of the right one as you open your chest, reaching your left fingertips toward the ceiling while keeping your left shoulder rooted in its socket.
- Turn your head to take your gaze up toward your left fingertips. If this is uncomfortable for your neck, it's also fine to keep the head in a more neutral position.
- Continue to draw your right thigh muscles upward, deepening the crease in your right hip.
- Soften your right knee slightly.
- Stay for at least 5 breaths.
- Repeat the pose with your left leg forward.
Note: You can use a yoga block to place your hands for balance and support, if it doesn't reach the floor easily.