How does it work?
This move targets to help build bigger shoulders using the proper form.
How to do it?
- Stand at ease with feet about shoulder-width apart. Keep the back straight and feet planted flat on the floor.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells in hanging down on your sides, facing inwards towards the thighs. Ensure that you have a firm grip.
- Tighten your core and gently lift the dumbbells upward, inhaling, with arms out in front and dumbbells facing each other.
- Keep your elbows slightly bent to reduce the stress on the joints. Pause when the arms are approximately horizontal to the floor and feel the contraction in the shoulders.
- Return the dumbbells to the starting position at the thighs with a slow and controlled motion while exhaling.
Keep your back straight and keep your abdomen tight rather than performing with a rounded back and slack abs.
How many sets?
3-4 sets of 20 repetitions with 30-45 seconds’ rest between each set